Monday 9 June 2014

Finished at last!

After nearly three years of slog, I have finished the book and uploaded the Kindle version to Amazon. The paperback will follow as and when I can grapple with the technical complication, but I hope it will be soon.
The point was to write the book. The idea of people reading it feels strange, although I hope they do.
I suspect I won't feel that I have finished until I have a copy of the paperback in my hand!

Everyone asks, why and what is Muziris? Muziris is the semi-mythical port in South India which was used by the Greeks and Romans in the trade for pepper. Semi-mythical, in that although it was known and written about by contemporary poets and traders, the site of Muziris is not reliably known.
MB Muziris

The ancient trading Empires which had contact with Southern India are many, and each one has left relics of itself all over the country, but these are often elusive and difficult to untangle. They are undeniably romantic, as is the idea of India itself. The reality is sometimes different, as our experiences trying to do business there shows.